I just picked up a new dehumidifier to replace the one in the basement. Since the basement is under grade or below the sewer line I had to remove the water bucket every day. When you forget it turns off so it’s not working unless you do. Since I keep forgetting I had the dehumidifier drain into a 5 gallon bucket and put a sump pump in the bucket connected to a garden hose. This 100 foot hose rain all the way to the other side of the basement.
When I was looking for a replacement dehumidifier I found one that made it super easy to automatically drain the water tank. The DeLonghi 40 Pint Dehumidifier has a built in water pump that can pump the water up 8 feet using a small 1/4 hose. This is great since you only need to drill a small hole to run the hose outside. I should note I run it at high fan speed and I find the nose level is low.
Before drilling the hole I tested it by tying the water hose to the ceiling and back to a bucket and waited for an hour to see what happened. It worked great. It comes with about 14 feet of hose so there is enough to go most anywhere.
A great humidifier that saves you to work of emptying the water bucket.
- Daily water removal (U.S. pints) 40 pints; Quantity of moisture based on 27° C (80° F) with 60% relative humidity
- Room Humid Environment: humid, damp
- Energy Star qualified; Anti-bacterial protection
- Water removal option: manual empty bucket, gravity drain
- Bucketless (pump)
- Low temperature operation: 5ºC; washable filter
- Bucket full indicator
- Operating modes: manual set, continuous operation, automatic
- 15”W x 11 4/5”D x 24”H