iOS7 is expected this fall.
Here is a list of the new features I can’t wait to try.
- You can now block specific contacts or numbers (good for spammers that are now sending text or calling your cell phone)
- When using group messaging a person’s contact picture will appear in a small circle next to their chat bubbles (nice to have)
- you can now “FaceTime Audio” or “Facetime video” (this is great new option. I often video call my daughter to save her daytime minutes when she is in a wifi area. This will make Skype obsolete for me)
- You will be able to airdrop without a wifi connection using peer to peer connection. (this is a great new feature, I use Airdrop on my MacAir all the time)
- You can now undelete a message by shacking to undelete. (this is a great new feature. Currently I have to access gmail via the web page and undelete a message deleted by mistake)
- Fullscreen mode in both portrait and landscape views
- iCloud Keychain (YES. I love keychain but hate to keep them updated on all my devices and laptops)
- Quick links to the “Private” browsing mode
- New tab view in a scrollable 3D (cool looking)
- iBeacons is indoor navigation like GPS feature that works indoors in areas that have been setup with beacons.
- It can be used in a subway or interactive tour of a museum (also can be used for Ad’s)
- Animations reflect the current time (dark at nigh, sunny during the daytime)
- Background is an animation mimicking the current weather conditions
- bleached white looking (I’m not a fan of this washed out look)
- Notification Center, which is now accessible from the Lock Screen
- App icons falling into place seemingly from above the display.
- Parallax home screen view(this mean the icon look like they are floating over the screen)
- Zoom animations that are activated when opening an app.
- Illusion that its icons are floating in mid air.
I find it amusing that they flatten the design by making everything plain but then add all this cool animations.
- Automatically check for an install updates in the background (great. I usually have 130 outdated apps)
- New feature called “Near Me,” showing apps that are popular near you. (Not sure why I would like what other people like near me but…)
- New feature to add to a Wish List. (this would be better if it notified you when the priced dropped, and you can’t add free ones)
- Added a new “Kids” category.
- Siri now has the ability to control settings such as Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, flashlight, airplane mode and even screen brightness
- A wavelength at the bottom of the display shows Siri listening as you speaks.
- Able to play new voicemails, return missed calls.
- Now has male voice
- Can learn to say names
- Photos are shown based on the year they were captured (you can zoom out to the full year or into a date)
- Groups pictures, panoramas and videos into their own separate spaces.
- New sharing functionality, including AirDrop (Great to be able to Airdrop )
- Will allow you to create your own radio station with music that you like and purchase the song.
- Apple iOS 7 for iPad, iPhone and iPod (benh007.wordpress.com)